Monday, January 16, 2012

tricks of the trade

OK so this morning I made zucchini pancakes. I was going for the zucchini bread idea, and it worked! I happen to have a pretty picky eater on my hands. She is ten months old, and has decided that she only really likes yogurt, and string cheese. Oh sure on occasion she will go for the black beans and brown rice with avo I make her, or want whatever I am eating. (Which really does keep ya honest with your own food choices.) For the most part though, she not really into eating. This recipe tasted delicious to me but once again, the dogs got more of it than she did. But then I just walked away, and she quietly ate the rest of her food. So for me I will call this one a SUCCESS. You know what the funniest part of it all is? My LEAST favorite veg as a child was zucchini, now I put it into everything, and LOVE it!

~ZUCCHINI PANCAKES~
-pancake batter (OK so I know this is vague, but here's the deal. When I have time I make mine from scratch, but when I don't (ie- most mornings) I use the Krustez just add water mix. Ya its cheep and easy. When I make my own I go for the organic flour, or even the gf flour, eggs, baking soda, salt, and raw milk, oh and a pinch of raw sugar (my grandma says that how you keep a husband-the pinch of sugar) Bottom line is, use what you have or know, the batter is basic.
-shredded zucchini (one whole zucchini) I made a small batch just enough for she and I and used half a zucchini
- 1-2tsp nutmeg
- 2-3tsp cinnamon
-1-2tsp vanilla
mix it up, and enjoy!

 I added a lil earth balance "butter" on top, but NO syrup. kids eat too much sugar, not a good way to start the day =D

No comments:

Post a Comment